If you know me at all or follow Judy Moon & Associates on Instagram then you know that I see hearts. I literally see a heart somewhere at least once a day, usually several. It can be a leaf on a sidewalk, or just this past weekend a tiny piece of goat cheese on an appetizer I made landed in a perfect tiny little heart on a slice of peach. I always smile when I see them and they often appear when I need a smile. They remind me of the power of love. I also look at them as a reminder that the Universe always has my back.
It is just a natural progression that I have decided to take the HeartMath® Clinical Certification Program. I love studying new things and adding layers to my existing massage therapy practice and to my own personal self care. Plus, anything about the heart is right up my alley.
“HeartMath has developed a system of effective, scientifically based tools and technologies to bridge the intuitive connection between heart and mind and deepen our connection with the hearts of others.
The HeartMath system empowers people to self-regulate their emotions and behaviors to reduce stress, increase resilience, and unlock their natural intuitive guidance for making more effective choices. This enables people to break through to greater levels of personal balance, creativity, insight and health.”
It is a stress management system that helps bridge the synchronicity of the brain and the heart to reduce stress and increase mental function. The heart actually sends more signals to the brain than the brain sends to the heart!
Let’s dip our toe in the water and get a little taste of this:
- Close your eyes.
- Notice how you feel right now, there’s no right or wrong answer.
- Slow down your breathing a bit.
- Take nice long slow breaths.Connect with your heart.
- Now connect with something or someone that you love.
- Continue to breathe slowly. You can even put your hand on your heart if it helps you to stay connected. If a negative thought or emotion comes up, just refocus back on your original thought about love.
- Keep breathing slowly.Open your eyes and notice how you feel now.
Stay tuned for more exciting things to come from my HeartMath Certification!